Areas of expertise
- Experience in providing risk oversight for a large team of proprietary or investment managers
- Understand the challenges large endowments, pensions and asset liability management books
- Completely at ease in all major currencies and able to transition from one currency geography to another.
- Code in R and VBL – understand most other languages and can interface easily.
Understand the passion and business of elite sports on a global basis.
- BA History, Western University
Four decades of senior level postings in investment management, hedge funds, proprietary trading and business start-ups has made Mac expert in risk management and oversight, trading, arbitrage, leveraged trading, derivatives and fluent in all major global markets. Has deep skills in macroeconomic and monetary economic analysis. Fluent in a range of analytical tools and procedures, from basic spread sheets to creating models in R Code.
Of late he has been building a business introducing elite level rugby union and rugby league play and has lead due diligence for potential key assets, working of the Auckland NRL “Warriors” sale, the launch of the Global Rapid Rugby (Andrew Forrest of Perth, Australia) Samoa team interacting with the Samoan government and related parties, and the Kraft Group in Foxborough, MA.
He started his almost 40 years of investment banking experience with Salomon Brothers in 1981.
He was an Executive Director at Morgan Stanley Investment Management as the head of the “rates” (long duration) business. He has been a partner, Chief Investment Officer or Department Head for Cargill with Mari Kooi, with Sid Bass (Barbnet) in Ft Worth, and Chemical Bank. Much of his practical trading skills were under his mentor John Mulheren and Israel Englander while he headed bond trading for them in the 1980s.
Mac has had consulting assignments creating tools and risk procedures for Paul Singer’s Elliot Management.